From its humble beginning as a coal mining community in the late 1800’s, Lafayette now blends its small town roots into a progressive urban environment. Lafayette offers robust education, recreation, climate, health care, cultural and community services. Lafayette has preserved many natural features alongside its modern developments, including the expansive Waneka Lake, 19 parks, 20 miles of trails, and hundreds of acres of open space. Golfers enjoy the Indian Peaks Golf Course, one of the top public golf courses in Colorado.
Annual events include the Oatmeal Festival, Peach Festival, Brewfest, and summer Art Night Out.
- Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence – Best Adaptive Reuse or Rehabilitation; for the Lafayette Commons project
- Best Small City: 3rd in Colorado, 48th in the nation 2015’s Best and Worst Small Cities in America
- Top 100 Places to Live
- Top 5 “Best Places for Young Families in Colorado”
- Top 10 Safest Cities in Colorado
- 10th Happiest City in the U.S.
Source: City of Lafayette